The Pixel Project is a global, virtual, 501 (c)(3) registered nonprofit organisation which works to taking fund-and-awareness raising for the cause to end violence against women (VAW) into the 21st Century by delivering innovative, powerful viral campaigns across various online and virtual channels including social media.
We are a worldwide coalition of grassroots activists and volunteers using the power of the internet to mount a global effort to raise awareness about and hopefully mobilise millions to get involved with ending violence against girls and women. We strongly believe that men and women must take a stand together for the right of women to live a life free of gender-based violence.
Our team is currently scattered across 4 continents, 12 timezones and over 15 cities worldwide, proving that there are no cultural or social barriers when it comes to this issue.
Our first project is the Celebrity Male Role Model Pixel Reveal campaign which is designed to turbo-charge global awareness about VAW using social media while raising US$1 million for the U.S.A.’s National Coalition Against Domestic Violence and several other anti-VAW nonprofits by getting a global audience to collectively unveil a million-pixel mystery collage of Celebrity Male Role Models at US$1 per pixel.
We also run a number of innovative ongoing awareness-raising programmes including:
- Our Twitter Tag Team – Bringing the global audience worldwide relevant news and helpline information on VAW almost round the clock.
- Our Twitter Ambassador programme – A micro-volunteering programme engaging Twitter users with spreading awareness about VAW through regular re-tweets.
- Our Facebook page – Providing up-to-date news, ideas to stop VAW and a discussion forum for fans to talk about VAW.
- Our “Wall of Support” programme – A growing chorus of people from around the world and all walks of life speaking up to end VAW in person, on video.
- “Paint It Purple” – Our annual global cupcake bake sale in collaboration with local anti-VAW nonprofits and grassroots groups.